It’s never too early or too late to start saving for your retirement. Whether you want a Traditional or a Roth IRA, EFCU Financial offers both investment choices to give you the highest rate of return to meet your individual needs. If you are looking for a way to save for your child's education, you may want to consider a Coverdale Education IRA. Be sure to consult with your tax professional to ensure maximum tax benefits.
At EFCU Financial, we are ready to help you set up a new IRA or to assist you with the rollover of an existing IRA. Check out our great IRA rates or contact our IRA Specialist at (225) 214-6800 for more information.
The Traditional IRA offers several tax advantages to qualified members:
- Contributions may be fully tax-deductible
- Earnings grow tax-deferred until withdrawn
- Early withdrawals may be made penalty-free for qualifying reasons, such as higher education expenses, first-time home purchases, qualifying medical expenses and more
- Distributions begin when you reach age 70½
A Roth IRA allows you to invest after-tax dollars today. When you retire, you pay no taxes on qualified withdrawals.
- Contributions are not tax-deductible, but may be withdrawn tax and penalty-free in most cases
- Earnings may be withdrawn penalty-free for the same qualifying reasons as Traditional IRA’s
- Earnings are tax-free if the account has been open for five years and withdrawn for a qualified reason
- Distributions are not required to begin at age 70½
With a Coverdell Education IRA, you can make after-tax contributions for a child until he or she reaches 18 years of age. All earnings are tax-free if used to pay for eligible education expenses.
- Contribute up to $2,000 per year on a child’s behalf
- Contributions are not tax-deductible, but may be withdrawn tax-free and penalty-free for qualified higher education expenses
- Funds may be transferred from one child’s account to another in the family
Give us a call at (225) 214-6800 or stop by a branch location to get started.
Tax situations vary. Consult with a tax adviser for additional information.