With MORE mortgage options, we have a Home Loan for you!
Whether you're purchasing your first home, upgrading to a new home, or looking to refinance, EFCU Financial has a variety of mortgage products. With our great rates and a knowledgeable staff, it’s easy to find a loan that fits your needs.
- Conventional Home Loans
- Welcome Home Loan
- Rural Development Loans
- Lot/Land Loans
- Construction Loans
- FHA Loans
- VA Loans
For more information call (225) 214-6800.
We offer a variety of conventional loans including fixed and adjustable-rate mortgages to fit your family's needs. Also, if you're looking to refinance your existing mortgage, trust us for easy and fast processing.
- Great rates on both fixed & variable-rate mortgages
- Flexible terms
- No pre-payment penalties
Welcome Home Loan*
This 5/5 Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) is ideal for home buyers wanting to put less money down without paying Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI). This interest rate is subject to an adjustment every five (5) years but only up to a 2% maximum per adjustment period or just 5% over the life of the loan.
- Up to 97% financing
- 30 year term
- Great rates
- No PMI
Short on cash for a down payment? A Rural Development Loan (also called a USDA Loan) might be the answer. Some benefits of this government insured loan backed by the U. S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) are:
- 100% financing to qualified low-to-moderate income buyers
- Closing costs can be paid by the seller or financed in the loan, if eligible
- Great fixed rates
- Flexible credit guidelines1
New and existing homes are eligible; however, these mortgages are only available in certain areas, so consult an EFCU Financial Lending Officer for a list of qualifying areas or for more information.
Found that perfect location?
- Up to 100% financing available to qualified buyers
- 24, 60 or 120 month terms
- 240 month term with 10-year balloon on loan amounts over $50,000
- Discount rate is located in a subdivision
- Land size up to 80 acres
Looking to build your next home?
- Fixed-rate, interest only loan
- Up to 90% Loan to Value (LTV)
- 4-5 draws allowed
- Upon completion of construction, covert your loan to an EFCU Financial fixed-rate mortgage
FHA loans are ideal for first-time home buyers because:
- Lower downpayment available
- Lower credit scores accepted
- Higher ratios of debt are accepted
- Gift money may be used for your down payment
This type of government loan is available to veterans who served in the U.S. Armed Services and, in certain cases, to spouses of deceased veterans. The loan is guaranteed by the Department of Veteran Affairs, but funded by a conventional lender.
- Up to 100% financing available to qualified veterans
- For purchase or refinance of owner-occupied primary residence
Below are mortgage calculators to assist you in your financial planning and help determine monthly payments. Please contact us for assistance.
1Adapted from: http://www.usdaloanagency.com/what-is-a-usda-loan/
2Adapted from: https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/mha/mharefi/pdf/refinancefaqs.pdf
Click here for a list of our Mortgage Loan Originators
*Approval based on credit worthiness. Eligible properties must be in Louisiana and include single family attached and detached units, Planned Unit Development (PUD) and Condominiums. Qualified homes must be owner-occupied and the principal residence of the borrower. Investment properties, vacant land, and manufactured homes are not eligible. Monthly payments of $47.68/$10,000 borrowed at 3.99% APR for 30 years. Rates are subject to change without notice. Other rates, terms and programs available. EFCU Financial Federal Credit Union membership is required. Call 225-215-2740 for information on our mortgage programs.