Skip A Pay
Our Gift To You
In the spirit of the season, we have an early gift for you. As a valued EFCU Financial member and in appreciation of your excellent payment history, you have the opportunity to “skip” your next loan payment(s) anytime between November 2017 and January 2018 on your qualified loan(s) listed on the letter you received in the mail. Use the extra cash to help out with holiday expenses, pay taxes, or to treat yourself to something special.
If you recently received a letter from EFCU Financial qualifying you for Skip A Pay, you may take advange of this promotion by:
1) Call us 225.214.6800 locally or toll free at 1.800.963.3328 if calling from out-of-town;
3) Bring the letter you received to nearest branch.
There is a $25 processing fee per EFCU Financial payment skipped. We can deduct the fee(s) from one of your EFCU Financial accounts or process an electronic withdrawal from an account at another financial institution.
But hurry … this offer must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the payment you wish to skip.
If you do not wish to skip your payment(s), simply disregard your letter and make your payment(s) as scheduled.
We appreciate your business and hope you will look to the credit union you own for all your financial needs!
- EFCU Financial MasterCards, eLines, HELOCs, Mortgage, and Business loans are excluded from this offer. All loans must be current to qualify.
- Interest will continue to accrue on your loan during the month you skip your payment.
- This Skip-A-Payment option does not change your monthly payment amount; however, it does extend the loan’s terms by one month for each loan payment skipped.
- Payments extending beyond your original loan term may not be covered by payment protection options.
- If your payment is made through payroll deduction, the funds will be deposited into your designated account.
- If your loan is paid through EFCU Financial’s Bill Pay or by Online Banking automatic transfers, you must cancel the scheduled payment(s) and reinstate it/them the following month.
- If your loan is paid electronically by another financial institution, you must contact that financial institution to cancel the payment. (YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO REINSTATE THE ELECTRONIC PAYMENT AFTERWARDS.)
- Regular payments resume the month following your skipped payment.
By submitting this Skip-A-Payment Request, you hereby authorize EFCU Financial to extend your final loan payment by one month and to process a withdrawal for the $25 processing fee per EFCU Financial loan payment skipped. You must resume making your regular payments the month following your skipped payment. Interest will continue to accrue on your loan during the month you skip your payment. If you have chosen payment protection products (GAP, credit life, credit disability, debt protection) on your loan and choose to take advantage of the Skip-A-Payment option, your coverage may be affected. Only one Skip-A-Payment is allowed per year per loan. If your payment is made through payroll deduction, it will be deposited into your designated recipient account. All loans must be current to qualify. Your Skip-A-Payment Request must be received at least 14 days prior to your payment due date.