Want to earn a higher rate of interest on your everyday checking account for doing what you're already doing? Our Rewards Checking Account does just that!
- No minimum balance required
- No monthly service fees
- FREE Debit Card
- FREE Online and Mobile Banking
- And more!
You'll earn these great rewards every month you qualify:
- 3.01% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- A range of 3.01% - 0.50% APY* on the portion of your balance above $10,000 (APY* will be calculated on an Interest Rate of 0.25% based on your balance)**
- Unlimited ATM fee refunds nationwide, up to $4.99 per transaction
- If you do not qualify to earn rewards during a given cycle, you may try again next cycle
- The account will earn a rate of 0.05% APY* on non-qualifying cycles
It's Easy to Qualify
It only takes a few simple steps to qualify -- and you're probably already doing them:
- Make 12 debit card transactions that post and settle during the cycle
- Have at least one ACH automatic transaction, like an auto draft or direct deposit, post and settle during the cycle
- Enroll in e-statements
Click below, visit a branch or call (225) 214-6800 to sign-up today.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 09/01/2013. Rates may change after account is opened. The following must be met each qualification cycle: (1) Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle, (2) Have at least 1 automatic payment (ACH) or direct deposit post and settle, and (3) Be enrolled and receive e-statement notice. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) balances up to $10,000 receive APY of 3.01%; and (2) balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in a range of 3.01% - 0.50% APY depending on the balance (3) domestic ATM fees up to $4.99 per item will be reimbursed on the last day of your statement cycle. ATM receipt must be presented for $4.99 maximum ATM fee reimbursement if surcharge is $5.00 or higher. Fees may reduce earnings. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle an account. ATM transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle.
**Our APY calculations for Rewards Checking are based on an assumed total account balance of $10,000 plus $100,000.
PLUS! Checking Account Products & Services Include These Additional Services
An EFCU Financial VISA® debit card gives you unlimited, free access to your checking account. It’s convenient, easy to use and doubles as an ATM card. Use your debit card to make purchases or withdraw cash:
- VISA® debit cards can be used at most merchants, just like cash. They’re also a great way to make purchases online!
- Use your card to get cash back at many grocery stores or retailers.
- EFCU Financial members have access at 50,000+ surcharge-free ATMs across the country in the MoneyPass®, Allpoint® and Dolphin® Networks, at all WalMart Murphy Oil Stations in the Baton Rouge area and at CVS stores throughout Louisiana
Click here to locate an ATM near you.
You can already use your EFCU Financial consumer debit card and will soon be able to use your EFCU Financial credit card with Apple Pay®, the easy, secure, and private way to pay. Use Apple Pay® with iPhone 6 to pay in stores without swiping your cards and in apps without entering payment and contact information. Just pay with a single touch of your ﬁnger using Touch ID.
Tired of standing in line each week to deposit your paycheck? Save time and gas with Direct Deposit, a fast, convenient and easy way to deposit your paycheck. With Direct Deposit, your money automatically goes into a designated account each payday so it’s available for immediate withdrawal. Direct Deposit may be utilized for checks from your employer, a retirement plan or from Social Security. Stop by your nearest EFCU Financial branch for details or make a request through your employer's payroll office.
EFCU Financial offers two ways to avoid the stress and embarrassment of bounced checks or declined transactions:
1. Courtesy Pay
With EFCU Financial’s Courtesy Pay, pre-designate a savings account or a pre-approved E-Line of credit** to connect to your EFCU Financial checking account. When an insufficient funds item occurs, we’ll transfer money from your pre-designated account to cover it rather than returning it unpaid. You’ll never have to deal with insufficient funds using this service!
2. Optional Overdraft Privilege
With EFCU Financial's optional Overdraft Privilege (ODP), rather than automatically returning unpaid any insufficient funds items on your EFCU checking account, we will consider, without obligation on our part, paying your reasonable overdrafts up to your assigned ODP limit. This optional service is available on certain types of EFCU Financial checking accounts. You may sign up for this service when you open an eligible checking account.†
Declining Optional Overdraft Privilege will not cost you anything. If you use ODP (have an insufficient funds transaction), you will be charged our customary fees as set forth in our Member Fee Schedule.
* special services fees, such as stop payment, NSF, etc. do not apply.
**Subject to credit approval.
† Refer to EFCU Financial’s Agreement and Disclosures for a list of eligibility requirements.