2017 Sue Geske Scholarship
CELEBRATING THE ACADEMIC SUCCESSES OF
EFCU FINANCIAL YOUTH MEMBERS
Each year, EFCU Financial proudly awards a total of $2,000 in merit-based scholarships to four worthy high school seniors. Given in honor of former EFCU Financial CEO Sue Geske, the scholarship program rewards EFCU Financial youth members for excellence in education and in the community. The first place winner receives $1,000; second place winner receives $500; and third and fourth place winners each receive $250.
- Applicant must have been a member of EFCU Financial for at least one year with an account in his/her name.
- Applicant must be a 2017 graduating high school senior.
- Applicant plans to enroll in an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- Applicant must write an essay, 500 words or less, answering the following question:
Over the last few years, the world of financial services (i.e. credit unions and banks) has changed dramatically in terms of technology and how consumers handle their finances. What advice would you give credit union leaders about how they can become more relevant and useful to those in your generation?
A judging committee comprised of EFCU Financial Senior Management staff will judge applications using the following criteria:
- 25 % ACT/SAT Scores
- 25 % Grade Pont Average (GPA)
- 25 % Community Involvement, Awards and Honors
- 25 % Essay (judged on content, development of theme, originality and grammar.)
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete the official application and submit the following supporting documents:
- An official copy of school transcript with signature of high school authority
- A copy of official SAT/ACT scores
- Typed scholarship essay (Essays should be double spaced, Times New Roman or Arial font, 12 pt. font size, with one-inch margins.)
2. Application and supporting documents must be RECEIVED by Friday, April 28th, 2017.
3. Applications and supporting documents can be delivered to any EFCU Financial location or mailed to:
Sue Geske Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 91001
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
4. Incomplete applications will be disqualified and filed with no action.
Winners will be notified in May 2017.
Please contact us at community@efcuFINANCIAL.org* or call (225) 214-6800.
*Electronic mail is not secure or confidential. Personal information should not be communicated in this manner.