Join Our Team!
EFCU Financial is a progressive, growing organization. We're looking for individuals who are committed to excellent member service, possess a strong desire to learn, and believe in working hard to achieve success. In return, EFCU Financial's full-time employees enjoy the rewards of helping people, competitive pay and outstanding benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Cafeteria Benefits Plan, including Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Development Plan
If you’re looking for more than a career, join our team of highly motivated individuals who thrive on providing exceptional service in an engaging and dynamic organization. EFCU Financial is a community chartered credit union offering financial services to more than 40,000 members in the greater Baton Rouge area. With over 80 years of history of solid growth and stability in Baton Rouge, LA, more than $400 million in assets, and seven branch locations throughout East Baton Rouge, Ascension, and Livingston parishes, EFCU Financial is positioning itself for rapid growth in the next few years.
Accounting Specialist I – F/T
Make the Right Move … Join A Winning Team!
EFCU Financial, a dynamic credit union with an 84-year history of solid growth and stability in Baton Rouge, LA, is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player to join our team as an Accounting Specialist I.
The Accounting Representative will be responsible for a variety of routine accounting functions in accordance with standard accounting procedures. This individual will perform any combination of calculating, reconciling, researching, analyzing and preparing financial and other numeric data. The Accounting Specialist I will record details of daily transactions, maintain organized records, and manage other accounting-related duties.
Critical Knowledge, Skill and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Up to six months of financial or general accounting experience in a financial related setting is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must pass all credit and bond requirements.
- Knowledge of Credit Union products and services is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment where there is little discomfort or exposure to hazards due to temperature, dust, noise, etc.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.
- The employee consistently is required to stand and sit, view computer screen, talk and hear, and lift/move up to 25 pounds.
Excellent benefits, salary commensurate with experience. Qualified individuals should e-mail their résumés in confidence, with salary history, to email@example.com.
EFCU Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. All office locations are smoke-free facilities.